Saturday, September 29, 2012

September 29, 2012

So I'm trolling through the Times club listings like I always do on Friday afternoon, looking for good blog material, when I come to the very last listing: Your Mother Should Know, Peterman, Red Ribbon, Andrew James Robison, Thursday night at the Blue Moon. It took me half a tick to go, "Hey! I know those guys! That's us!" Here's the link to the events page: http://www.facebook.com/events/526955247320118/

And I found some other good names, too:

Deerhoof
Eyeball
New Lungs
These three all appeal to me for the same reason -- odd parts out of the context. They can be regarded as gross (in your soup), sinister (giant movie monster), comical (how is one eyeball going to play all the instruments?!) or perhaps hopeful (a new set of lungs when the old ones fail). I kind of hoped to do an all body-parts theme, but I couldn't find two more.

Great Spiders
Giant spider in the third act!

The Leafy Greens
I have always maintained that rock music is good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment