Saturday, September 1, 2012

September 1, 2012

September already? Sheesh. There's a lot going on this weekend, even for those -- like me -- avoiding Bumbershoot. I recommend Tyrannosaurus Grace at the Comet tonight! No theme to the picks this week:

Author and Punisher
One of the least pleasant parts of writing fiction is being cruel to your characters. Then again, sometimes they deserve it.

Broken Water
Once this happens, there's no turning back. A process has started that ain't over till it's over.

Dead Sonics
I hope this is neither a reference to the band's sound quality nor to the great Northwest garage band. Maybe it has something to do with basketball . . .

Dun Bin Had
Love the spelling. It tells you how to say it, and creates a nicely balanced, complete sentence in three three-letter monosyllables.
 
I Made Them a Steak
As written, this is kind of a strange sentence, which I like. Read aloud, it could have at least two different meanings, one of them about mishearing or misdoing something, which I like even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment