Saturday, September 8, 2012

September 8, 2012

If I hadn't been up late last night and if I didn't have to get up tomorrow, I would be at the Funhouse tonight for Tom Price Desert Classic and Pierced Arrows. So if you weren't and/or don't, go! On Monday (again, at the Funhouse), I'm sad to be missing Peterman, Charms, and Andrew James Robison, who have appeared with Your Mother Should Know on other occasions. Darn this grown-up schedule, anyway! And there's much, much more to choose from this week:

Dante Vs. Zombies
This sounds like one of those literature + monsters mash-ups. My money's on Dante, because he's got Virgil and the virtuous pagans backing him up. (That would be a good name for a band, too).

Not From Brooklyn
I guess Brooklyn is where the New York hipsters go now, but what could be hipper than Seattle? (Apparently, Tacoma!) After I left Tacoma, I did live on Brooklyn for a month, but that was a long time ago.

Snaketopus
I like this one because it's just campy and silly. Do the tentacles have snake heads? Does it slither up onto the beach and bite people?

Squirrel of Shame
Years ago, I read The Children of Odin to my kids. One of my favorite figures was Ratatosk, the Squirrel of Discord that runs up and down the World Ash Tree. I'm guessing this is his brother.

Trampled By Turtles
I love this image, because of the slow speed. Anything heavy enough to do any damage, you could just roll out of the way. I picture some poor dude, passed out and engulfed by turtles.

No comments:

Post a Comment