Saturday, December 31, 2011

December 31, 2011

Happy New Year! I hope that 2012 will bring many more notable band names. This week's picks:

Down with People
This could be an anti-people protest slogan or a statement of support: "I'm totally down with them." I like the ambiguity.

Feeding Frenzy
Energetic and messy, like the best rock music. I chose this one because of an emerging shark theme (see People Tank, below). I understand that sharks have more to fear from us than we from them, but I still wouldn't want to get caught in a feeding frenzy. Down with people, indeed.


Le Shat Noir
A cat is implied, and the French lends elegance, but it's still gross. Somebody clean that litter box!

People Tank
What the shark villain threatens the hero with in shark spy fiction. They have more to fear from us than we from them.


Pierced Arrows
I read about this band and got interested in them before I realized what a great name they have. Nice reference to a classic car that younger fans might not even recognize. I have to support punk rockers in their 60s -- makes me feel like a young whippersnapper!

No comments:

Post a Comment