Saturday, January 7, 2012

January 7, 2012

I had already chosen my list when I noticed that the week seemed to have a theme. These bands are all playing in the next few days: Whiskey Syndicate, Sunday Evening Whiskey Club, Whiskey Swillers, and Weatherside Whiskey Band. Is the year already such a trial? Anyway, here are my picks:

Deception Past
I like the reference to a fabulously-named (and personal favorite) geographic feature, with a little tweak to make it about yesterday's lies.

Ever-So-Android
Effete meets SF.

The Gargle Blasters
I cannot fail to honor this reference to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I'm surprised I hadn't done it already.

Lights On Why
For safety, of course. The lack of punctuation adds a nice ambiguity. Is it a question? A demand? A bit of dialogue?

The Table of Contents
Brave to name your band for the dullest (usually) part of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment