Saturday, June 25, 2011

June 25, 2011

None of the band names were grabbing me, and I thought I was going to have to scrape to come up with five. Then I hit Monday, and great names poured forth in abundance. My faith is renewed.

Clam Hamr
Assonance, bivalves, hammers -- what's not to love? I like to say it and I like the spelling. It also has an appealing only-in-the-Northwest vibe.

Knifey Spoony
This one's just weird and goofy. Is it a game? A description? When consulted, my resident panel voted for it unanimously.

Man Your Horse
Clearly an order that means something specific in context. Out of context, it just sounds funny.

We Wrote the Book on Connectors
I have been waiting months for this band to show up again so I could include them. I'm a big fan of names that are a little too long, especially when they're complete sentences. This has the added fun of being somebody's advertising slogan.

Zero Gravity Circus
Part of the thrill of the circus is the danger of falling -- not a concern in zero-G. But a circus in space would have its own dangers and possibilities. I would love to see this.

No comments:

Post a Comment