Saturday, June 18, 2011

June 18, 2011

A great week for band names: I liked 6 on Friday night alone! First, a shout-out to Nova High School and their band program. The band show is tonight at the Vera Project, and I gotta say, the kids came up with some pretty good names: The Pink Pajamas, El Mago, Chad, German Engineering, Some Pants, and My Left Eye.

I'm only assuming these bands are out of high school:

Ape Machine
Remove one letter from a piece of old recording equipment and suddenly, you're manufacturing simians. It also makes me think of Ape Escape, which came up in conversation just the other day.



Creeping Time
Where does the time go? It creeps away. Creeping Thyme is a fragrant groundcover, but the first time I heard it spoken aloud, years ago, I thought it would be a great name for a band or something. I'm glad someone else thought so, too.


Event Staph
I love it when the entertaining meets the clinical. However, this makes me think twice about going out.



Ringo Deathstarr 
I first heard the Beatles maybe a year or two before Star Wars came out. As a young teen, they were two of my favorite things. I especially loved Ringo (still do), so this a mash-up just for me.


Sigourney Reverb
You don't realize how great this is until you say it aloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment