Sunday, December 30, 2012

December 30, 2012

It feels so right that I'm doing my last blog post of 2012 on what would have been my mom's 80th birthday. A lot of people have influenced me to celebrate creative expression, but she would have been the first. Later this evening, we will lift a glass to her memory. Meanwhile, some band names to celebrate as we close out one year and begin another:

Best Band From Earth
I love that it's "from," not "on." This implies that there could be an interplanetary battle of the bands. That's the only kind of interplanetary battle I want to see.

Bright White Lightning
This has a nice rhythm, with the repeated long i and percussive t sounds, as well as being a concise description of a discharge of energy. It snaps.

Burn All the Liars
Oh, no! No writer is safe! 

Hatters For Hire
This has an old-fashioned air, like a sepia-toned photograph of men in vests, bowlers, and waxed mustaches. It also evokes "Caps for Sale," a children's story first read to me by Captain Kangaroo when I was a preschooler. You find nostalgia in the oddest places.

Ohm Wrecker 
Love those science puns.

No comments:

Post a Comment