Saturday, December 8, 2012

December 8, 2012

One of the fun parts of doing this blog is seeing how many of the bands I blogged about early on are still out there playing, as much as two years later. (Because now I know how hard it can be to keep a band together, especially if your rehearsal spaces keep getting bulldozed like happened to Pouch -- twice!) This week alone, I recognize Man Without Wax, Peace Mercutio, Astronautilus, I The Mighty, A Lot Like Birds, Spinning Whips, We Say Bang, Huckle, Really Big Beard, Belmont Whips, DJ Leopold Bloom, Afraid of Figs, Campfire OK, Pocket Panda, and Snaketopus. I would still pick any one of these today. Good job, everyone! And yet I still find new ones every week:

How to Dress Well
I really want to see the fashion advice book by a Seattle rock band. Jeans, t-shirt, flannel, and sensible shoes . . .

Indecisive Rhythm
It hasn't got a good beat and you can't dance to it? Either they're terrible but painfully honest, or so awesome that they not only don't have to brag about it but can get away with the opposite.

Kaleidosaur
Turtlesaur
I would have picked either of these on its own -- I like turtles and kaleidoscopes, and adding "-saur" to practically anything makes it stand out -- but seeing two in one week seemed like fate.

Prehumanity
This must be some serious roots music.

No comments:

Post a Comment