Saturday, December 15, 2012

December 15, 2012

It's hard to focus today on something so apparently trivial as band names. Yet bands and band names represent creativity and music and friendship -- light in a dark, dark world.

An Amiable Medley
This is just so mild and comforting. I like it when bands have opposite day.

The Cockadoodle Spaniels
I like the goofy nonsense of it. The two words don't have anything obvious to do with each other, except that they end with the same sound.

San Benedicto Rock Wren
OK, it has rock in it, and wrens are amazing singers, so it works in goofy, nerdy kind of way.

Whiskey Syndicate
I literally met these guys on the street as they were packing their gear for a show in Winthrop. They are celebrating their first anniversary as a band, so congratulations! I've noticed there are a lot of bands in town with whiskey in their name. I like this one because it sounds like a formal organization (though the band seems really laid back).

Wildcat! Wildcat!
I am delighted by the urgency or enthusiasm denoted by the exclamation points. There are lots of double-word bands, but not many so energetically punctuated.

No comments:

Post a Comment