Saturday, March 3, 2012

March 3, 2012

Feeling slightly loopy this afternoon -- I'm down a pint, having recently returned from Puget Sound Blood Center. (If you're able, go donate at the first opportunity. It's not a big deal and really makes a difference). So I'm not going out dancing or anything tonight, but I can still pick some favorites:

Allah-las
It sounds like a typical wordless pop refrain and looks like a prayer. Rock and roll has a deep root in gospel music, but there's nothing wrong with getting ecumenical.


Don and the Quixotes
Classic band name format + literary allusion = a real winner.


Hot Dog Time Machine
Two unrelated objects mashed up to form a name that trips off the tongue and sounds great, even if I'm not sure what it means. It made me laugh.


Kids & Explosions
They go together, no matter how much we try to keep them apart. It's probably a good thing you can't get a really 'splody chemistry set these days.


Trashcan Wizard
I see Oscar the Grouch with a wand and a pointy hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment