Saturday, October 22, 2011

October 22, 2011

Even though the Fastbacks had to cancel, I'm looking forward to the Mudhoney show at Neumo's tonight. I mostly missed the '90s, so it's nice to have another shot.

Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad
I'm a sucker for names that are impractically long, and this is also a comical image. Just picture giant pandas doing anything worthy of the name "guerilla."
 
Methamfeta Cheese
A favorite category of wordplay -- starts someplace sinister, ends up someplace silly or even comforting. That said, this must be some pretty powerful cheese.


Mudhoney
I seldom blog about big-name bands, but I loved this name from the start, even if I didn't hear the music until recently. It has that melding of filth and sweetness, and the repeated schwa sound makes it plop off the tongue in a satisfying way.

Psychedelephant
See Methamfeta Cheese, above. Same deal but with pachyderms. If you see this, you've had enough.

Robot PI
This reminded me of when one of the resident youths was in 8th grade and had an assignment to write a detective story. He preferred sci-fi because he wanted his protagonist to be a cyborg. I assured him there was no rule against a cyborg detective, so that's what he wrote about.





No comments:

Post a Comment