Saturday, October 1, 2011

October 1, 2011

Just got tickets for the Fastbacks and Mudhoney at Neumo's on the 22nd. I heard the Fastbacks once back in the '80s, when they opened for the Ramones. This will be my first Mudhoney show, but I've always loved the name. I'm also tickled by the irony of learning about the show by reading a Seattle Symphony program at Benaroya Hall. It all fits together.

Evergrey
After Mt. St. Helens erupted in 1980, Washington was referred to as The Evergray State. This could also refer to the upcoming winter. Try not to think about it.

The Goddamn Gallows
I can't think of a better response when faced with such a thing. And I can't help adding "again" just to make it weirder.

oOoOO
I don't know if this is "Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh!" or "Ooooo!" but I like it either way.

The Pains of Being Pure at Heart
Long and old-fashioned.

Retox
Short and snappy, with wordplay and a whiff of danger. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment