Saturday, April 9, 2011

April 9, 2011

So many terrific nominees this week! A few of them fall into natural themes, so I'm going with those:

Bucket of Honey
Buckets of Rain
Downpour
I have to talk about these as a group. Considering our recent weather, Downpour and Buckets of Rain obviously go together as well as fulfilling the local flavor criterion. Bucket of Honey gets in because I was amused to see the word "bucket" twice is quick succession. I'm kind of glad it wasn't a downpour of honey.

Flight to Mars
A Rocket to the Moon
These two have their own obvious connection, but for me it's personal: my current literary effort concerns a space expedition that begins on the Moon and flies to Mars and beyond. Once again, we demonstrate the close relationship between science fiction and rock & roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment