Saturday, April 30, 2011

April 30, 2011

The blooming maple tree outside my windows is full of chickadees and bush-tits, so I am distracted by birds. Distracted by Birds would make a good name for a band, if anyone wants to use it. On with the list!

Arpeggiator
I like new words coined from existing words. I suppose this means someone or something that plays arpeggios, but prefer to imagine a crocodilian previously unknown to science. The female of the species is the arpeggiatrix


Boy Eats Drum Machine 
Tabloid headline or superhero origin story?


Catatone
See above re: new words. This one has the nice twist on the root "tone" as a musical or medical concept.

Everyone Dies in Utah
And everywhere else. Or do we have to go there first? If I never go to Utah, will I live forever? If I ever set foot in Utah, will I immediately expire? Now I'm afraid to find out.

You Are Plural
I am? I mean, yes, we are. I knew that. Modern English is funny that way -- no way to differentiate 2nd person plural from 2nd person singular, except by context. And sometimes even that is no help.

No comments:

Post a Comment