Saturday, November 12, 2011

November 12, 2011

Things have taken a definitive turn; the weather feels like typical November in Seattle. It kept us from going out to hear Pouch last night, but tonight we hope to find the will to get out for The True Bugs.

Are You a Cat?
You don't often see a band name that's a question. And what a question! If the answer is "yes" you can't expect an answer, or much more than a disdainful glance, rendering the question unnecessary.

Bobby Joe Ebola and the Children Macnuggits
Overlong and comically disturbing. I laugh and say "ew" in the same breath.


The True Bugs
I remember learning about true bugs in 9th grade biology. It was both gratifying and amusing to learn that "bug" was a technical term.

Twangshifters
I've been thinking about vowel shifts recently. This is the first time I've considered a twang shift, but hey -- why not? Spoken language evolves, and I'm glad we don't yet all sound alike.

We Were Promised Jetpacks
I have an enduring soft spot for the past's vision of the future. We have near-instanteous global communication that some use to complain that we don't have jetpacks and flying cars. Meanwhile, I have at least 10 household lasers and I'm typing on a tiny yet powerful computer connected wirelessly to every other computer in the house and to the Internet. I admit it -- it's the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment