Saturday, November 26, 2011

November 26, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving! This year, I am thankful for music and bands and the opportunity to play and sing with other people. The first Your Mother Should Know gig was a success, even if I did dream about loading and unloading drums half the night. Many thanks to Mike Gervais of Curtains for You for helping us out on sax!!! I like these names this week:

City Bear
OK, probably not a great idea in reality, but I picture a business-casual bear in hipster glasses riding the bus downtown, getting some coffee, working in an office all day, and then going out on the weekend to play some rock and roll with all the other cool bears.


The Deep Dark Woods
Where the bear actually belongs. This one has that Dante vibe, too.


Rhythm Pigs
Once again, us pigs gotta stick together. Do these pigs have rhythm, or are they hogging it from the rest of the barnyard?


Saturday Morning Cartoon
Oh, this takes me back! When I was a kid, we used to spend Saturday morning in front of the TV, eating pancakes and watching cartoons. In a photo taken when I was 2 or 3, my older brother stares at the screen with rapt attention while shoveling in pancakes, our sister sits up straight and smiles for the camera, and I look utterly perplexed. But I grew to love cartoons -- and their music.

Vincible
This is a word, like gruntled or corrigible, that we don't see nearly enough, even though vincible is more likely than its opposite to be true of you and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment