Saturday, November 19, 2011

November 19, 2011

While there are advantages to joining a rock band as a grown-up -- rehearsal discipline, performance experience, conflict-resolution skills -- the hours make it a young person's sport! I'm still recovering from a late rehearsal two days ago, at which I broke my first drumstick in 36 years. But it's all for a good cause: Your Mother Should Know plays its first gig on Saturday, November 26, 1:00 pm in SkyChurch at EMP. We are stoked. I hope these guys are all as excited to play out as we are:

Countrycide
Change one letter and pastoral and bucolic turns sinister and grim.


Inspector Cluzo
I love those old Peter Sellers "Pink Panther" movies, so this goes in even if I don't know the story behind the spelling.


Noisy Pig
Us pigs have to stick together.

Rats in the Grass
To me, this is creepier than snakes in the grass. Rats come in greater numbers.

Stillborn Again Christians
The clever wordplay sums up the parable of the sower in Matthew 13. Sometimes the conversion doesn't take.

No comments:

Post a Comment