Saturday, November 5, 2011

November 5, 2011

Happy New Year! Square Pig begins its 2nd year, and there's no end of great band names in sight.

Black Plastic Clouds
As if black clouds weren't threatening enough! Any mention of black plastic reminds me of the ultimately ineffective weed barrier the previous owner of our house used in the front yard. We were digging pieces of black plastic out of the ground for years.


The Great Um
The irony of introducing someone or something great, and you can't remember their name.


Pukesnake
This ends up being dark and juvenile all at once. The repeated "k" sound gives it a nice percussiveness. And they're on the same bill with Pouch, so they must be loud and awesome!


TacocaT
I'm surprised I haven't blogged about this band before. It's a palindrome with built-in humor. On a personal note, I'm a cat lover, and I was briefly known as Taco Man (when I lived in Tacoma - ha, ha), so I notice "taco" as a first syllable of pretty much anything.


The Whywolves
The resident youth says this is a reference to Adventuretime. Even if it isn't, it's funny and clever all on its own. I like the play on words that's one step past a pun.

No comments:

Post a Comment