Saturday, May 21, 2016

May 21, 2016

After 3 weeks in exile, I'm back at my own desk! I also have a cold, so I don't want to leave the house ever again, even though there are any number of great shows to see tonight. Due to impeccable bad timing, we have tickets to the opera, so we're doing that. If you're not doing that, here are some good names to choose from this week:

Booze & Glory
This seems like a more realistic aspiration for a band than fortune and glory. Playing for beer money.

The Brian Jonestown Massacre
This one falls into a perennial favorite category, the one that makes a rapid turn from one thing to another, causing you to spew whatever you're drinking out your nose.

Spaceotter
Floating on his back among the stars, eating space urchins off his chest.

Woodshed
I grew up in a house with an actual woodshed: we stored stovewood and garden tools out there, and it also had a workbench for fixing things. Although we were a musical family, I don't think anyone ever went out there to practice an instrument, but my older brother (age 5 when we moved into that house) had heard enough about woodsheds to worry that he'd get more spankings. Fortunately, it wasn't that sort of woodshed, either.

Zombie Jihad
Can the unholy undead engage in holy war? 

No comments:

Post a Comment