Friday, February 5, 2016

February 5, 2016

Blogging usually happens on Saturday, but I'm getting my post done early because tomorrow I will be away from the Internet! I'll be attending Seattle 7 Writers' "Write Here, Write Now" conference, hobnobbing with my fellow wizards and hoping to get some good ideas to jump-start a stalled novel project. The good news this week is that a decidedly unstalled novel project, The Gospel According to St. Rage, will release in June 2016, thanks to the good people at Pankhearst. This garage rock fairy tale grew out of the short story "St. Rage", which was the January 2015 release from the Pankhearst Singles Club. The novel is full of fictional band names, some of them nearly as good as these real ones:

The Bird and the Bee
A reminder to parents that when you have The Talk with your kids, you can generalize many things but in the end, every intimate relationship is as individual as the participants, (with apologies to Tolstoy) happy or unhappy in its own way.

March to May
I like how this can be a simple 3-month time period, or a determined trek from the dregs of winter to the warm heart of spring.

Sound of Ceres
Live from the Asteroid Belt!

Test Apes
Experimental simians to the eye, trial cassettes to the ear.

Trust Me I'm Scared 
An ironic reassurance but oddly appropriate in an election year.

No comments:

Post a Comment