Saturday, January 30, 2016

January 30, 2016

Although I don't go out often (too old, too tired, too busy, too employed), I love living in a place where it's theoretically possible to leave the house and find an interesting music event any night of the week. Here are just a few of this week's participants:

80 Proof Logic
You probably don't want to send that text.

the dead see squirrels
This one makes me absurdly happy. Read aloud, it's a goofy pun that reveals a previously unrecognized similarity of "scrolls" and "squirrels." Seen in print, it's a startling but harmless sentence about the view from the afterlife.

Grey Waves
On maps, the ocean is blue. I remember being disappointed the first time I discovered this wasn't true, at least at our latitude. Now I celebrate our cold, gray, merciless sea; not for the casual tourist.

Project Wonder Bread
Perhaps restoring some of the wonder to the epitome of soft and bland.

Waking Things
I love when two simple words can go in so many directions. Is this a description of the things when their alarm goes off, an action performed by them, or perhaps upon them? And should we be glad or chilled that they're waking?

No comments:

Post a Comment