Saturday, January 9, 2016

January 9, 2016

Mid-blog, some program decided it needed to restart my computer. I didn't lose much, but I think I'll cut things short just to be safe. On with the list:

Haunted Summer
Unexpected and poetic. It takes quite a spook to haunt anything as bright and shiny as summer.

The Pro & the Con
So many meanings in so few letters/syllables! I'm also happy when I get to promote a guitar-drums duo, since that's where I live.

Prom Queen
In a rare occurrence, I heard this band before picking them for the blog. The name perfectly fits what the group is about: they have a wonderful retro look to go with their vintage sound and instruments. If you like to slow-dance in the living room, this is what you need.

Secret Cat
I'm picturing a cat going undercover in a dog household to steal the plans for a canine takeover of the world, blowing that plot wide open and then taking a nap. (And hey, they're on a bill with Square Pig faves Power Skeleton!)

Tan Sedan 
The least flashy conveyance out there. Belongs in the same category as Car Seat Headrest for celebration of mundanity and evocation of '70s cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment