Saturday, October 3, 2015

October 3, 2015

Blogging despite the best efforts of the Times to stop me! Formatting problems with the online edition made it frustrating to even find the band names, let alone read them, but with pen and paper, I prevailed. The struggle put me in a bad mood, which I hope blogging and a trip to the Macefield Music Festival will alleviate. To that end:

Bad Tats
This is a tiny poem to a regrettable idea: let's get drunk and immortalize our youthful indiscretions in our skin! What could possibly go wrong?

Gaytheist
Implying that perhaps God doesn't hate who some people think God hates. We happened to catch this band's cheerful hardcore set (I'm guessing at genre) at the Sunset last night. It was loud and hot and very entertaining, and did I mention loud?

hedgehag
I've seen references to both "hedge witch" and "hag" in Terry Pratchett's Discworld books, but I never put  together the resemblance when combined to the name of the cute spiny critter. Good for October, though more homey charm than scares, and a fine name for an all-girl bluegrass outfit.

Ultimate Painting
Art as extreme sport.

Whiskerman
The addition of that "s" changes it from sinister to Ballard.

And guess what? I do feel better! Thanks, bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment