Saturday, March 14, 2015

March 14, 2015

 Happy Pi Day! I'm blogging much later than usual, but having consumed my share of the traditional Pi Day pie (followed by a 30 minute run), I'm all fueled up to talk about band names.

Kap'n Crunch & the Cereal Killers
They really had fun with this one: classic X and the Y structure, breakfast-time nostalgia, a pun, and the initialism -- KCCK -- is a palindrome!
 
Kool Keith
I like this name for personal reasons: I married a Keith who I think is pretty cool. It's also the second one this week to respell a C word with a K, which I approve.


Lightning Kills Eagle
This could be a Native American myth or a headline on a slow news day.

Noisepoetnobody
This one's a poem, noisy with letters run together.


Teen Cat  
Teens are hip to pop culture and cats are cool, so there are lots of good rock & roll associations. On the other hand, felines mature so quickly that they barely have an adolescence. An actual cat in its teens is mature to elderly. (I was pleased to see that Teen Cat is a guitar-and-drum duo with a woman drummer, just like Your Mother Should Know!)

My fiction and blogging projects collide in "St. Rage,"  the 13th release in the Pankhearst Singles Club. This story of an all-girl teenage garage band with superpowers is short, it's funny, and it's only $ .99. If you like "St. Rage," please like St. Rage on Facebook and go listen to their first demo, "Huge Guy in the Mosh Pit."

I play drums in a band called Your Mother Should Know. Our album Rocks and Glass is available now on Bandcamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment