Sunday, January 18, 2015

January 17, 2015


I had hoped to make an announcement of a fun fictional band-name contest, but it has been delayed a little bit. Watch this space!

Meanwhile, these non-fictional band names caught my eye:

Earth Control 
I like plays on words that sound similar but are spelled nothing alike. This also gives off a science-fictiony vibe, which has perennial appeal for me.

Gigantor
Insect Man
I'm grouping these two together, not only because they're on the same bill, but because they sound like a great B-movie double feature.


Singer Sargent
Here's someone named Sargent taking advantage of a happy intersection of art, music, and language. Whether or not he is the singer, I applaud the choice.

The Sky Is a Suitcase
The sky is the bag the Earth is packed in. Is it the Earth control alluded to above? Or maybe they started with the phrase, "A door is ajar" and swapped in other nouns until it sounded just right.

My fiction and blogging projects collide in "St. Rage," now available as the 13th release in the Pankhearst Singles Club. This story of an all-girl teenage garage band with superpowers is short, it's funny, and it's only $ .99. If you like "St. Rage," please like St. Rage on Facebook and go listen to their first demo.

UPCOMING: Your Mother Should Know album release show, with Tom Price Desert Classic, Can You Imagine?, and Dead Bars  Friday, January 23 at the Highline Bar. I'd want to go to this show even if I wasn't playing! https://www.facebook.com/events/374070109426331/
Get the record:  https://yourmothershouldknow2.bandcamp.com/album/rocks-and-glass

1 comment: