Saturday, September 13, 2014

September 13, 2014

The random music mix at our house is gaining a strange intelligence. Last night it came up with this Walt Kelly classic:

Oh, roar a roar for Nora
Nora Alice in the night
For she has seen Aurora
Borealis burning bright.
A furor for our Nora
And applaud aurora seen!
Where throughout the summer has
Our borealis been?

Tonight should have perfect viewing weather, so I'm hoping to catch a glimpse of the Northern Lights, if there aren't too many trees and too many lights. If not me, someone else will, and I am happy for them.

Meanwhile, out where the boom bands play:

Bongo Love
I'm starting to feel this, after a lifetime of being uncertain about bongos. I got my spouse a beautiful set last Christmas, and have been learning to play them. There's something satisfying about getting that nice doong sound with just fingers on drumskin.

Manifested Travesty
I love the internal rhyme, and the very erudite way of saying "obvious lie." Pure poetry.

Stitched Up Heart
This name manifests what comes after the heartbreak songs that make up so much of pop music: dress the wounds so they can heal, then go on, scarred but yet alive.

Stories Away
Stories are that powerful. Drop them with care; they tend to explode.

Valhalla Boys & Girls Club
I have to admit I wasn't very excited about my band-name search this week, until I came to this one, which buoyed my enthusiasm enough that I went back and uncovered the four gems above. I imagine kids getting out of class and crossing the rainbow bridge to their after-school program. I wonder if their parents know about the quaffing and fighting?

No comments:

Post a Comment