Saturday, February 1, 2014

February 1, 2014

Funny -- the Times lists no rock shows on Sunday. Must be something else going on . . . The rest of the week makes up for it, and these bands rose to the top:

Basic Vacation
Like garage rock -- no frills, maybe even in your own home, but refreshing and restoring.

Boomstick
Although I am a drummer myself, I'm willing to allow this to mean a loud electric guitar.

Clear Plastic Masks
I like the idea of masks that don't obscure anything, somehow hiding behind transparency.

Dawn of Midi
It seems like a long time ago now, but at the time, it felt like the present.

The Wild Snohomians
The surprise here is that in 4+ years of blogging, I haven't included this outfit. I'm sure they've made the short list at least once, so here they are at last. This would seem to be a marriage of wild and mild. However, the trip to Snohomish is always enough longer than we think it should be to qualify the place as wilderness.

(Oh, all right. Go Hawks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment