Saturday, October 5, 2013

October 5, 2013

Macefield Music Festival tonight in Ballard! It's a little smaller than the old Reverb Fest, but I'm so happy they pulled something together. It's a beautiful day to go discover some new bands and hear old favorites The Young Fresh Fellows and new favorite Courtney Marie Andrews.

Meanwhile, there are so many great band names in the listings that I had to settle on a theme and narrow the list from there.

Alabaster
I don't know what they were intending, but as a Pogo fan of long standing, I can't help thinking of Albert Alligator's adorable little nephew Alabaster, and his pal Rackety Coon Chile. And so I smile.

Cute is What We Aim For
Whattayouknow! This is the theme. I don't usually find this much cuteness in the club listings.

Dung Beatles
Not so cute, you say? But the spelling -- adorable.

Oh! Pears
Perhaps more goofy than cute, but charmingly accessorized with punctuation. Read aloud, it reveals its secret.
 

Sleepy Kitty
Aw.

No comments:

Post a Comment