Saturday, September 28, 2013

September 28, 2013

This week's band names (or maybe album titles) I'd like to see:

St. Rage (inspired by a mini-storage sign with one letter burned out).
Moose Family Detour (from an Alaska friend's Facebook post).

But these are all real bands:

Bat Sabbath
OK, probably a tribute band, but a great name all on its own. I picture a congregation of bats having upside-down church services up in the rafters. The repeated b and short-a sounds make it sound just right.

Bugs
Magpies
Tacos
I'm a big fan of really long band names, but I also have a soft spot for the one-word type. I like these three plural nouns without the definite article. One of these things is not like the others, but I suppose somebody somewhere would make a taco out of bugs and/or magpies.

Voodoo Organist
Pull out all the stops and raise the dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment