Saturday, August 3, 2013

August 3, 2013

After an entire month of dry, sunny, warm-but-not-hot weather, people were complaining about one day of rain. What do they think, that it's suddenly not Seattle anymore? Then again, it wouldn't be Seattle if someone weren't complaining about the weather. I'm thankful it's still a town that also rains down wonderful band names. In a rare sweep, the first four are all on the same bill.

Agony and Ivory
I remember the summer when "Ebony and Ivory" was ubiquitous on pop radio. This is by far the best reference I've seen to it. I kind of want to start a band called Ebony and Ecstasy just to make it complete.

Lark vs. Owl
In a mixed household of morning people and not-morning people, I know all about this conflict.

Mean Recess
You gotta walk that lonesome playground; you gotta walk it by yourself . . .

My Machete
Sounds like some kind of comfort object. Maybe to carry during a mean recess . . .

Slow Bunny
Oh, dear. In a species that has only two things going for it -- speed and numbers -- this guy doesn't stand a chance.

As Seattle Opera begins Wagner's Ring of the Nibelungs, honorable mention goes to The Valkyries. I can't think of a better name for an all-female heavy-rock outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment