Saturday, August 31, 2013

August 31, 2013

It's a fine weekend for Bumbershoot and any other live music you care to partake in! We're taking it easy around Chez Square Pig -- the youngest of our resident youths had wisdom teeth removed yesterday and has been pumped full of wisdom and good drugs. But even though I'm staying home, I can still applaud these great band names:

The Bloodclots
This fits the theme of the weekend (see above reference to oral surgery). This seems about perfect for the not-squeaky, not-clean side of rock & roll.

Dirty Pots
A seriously grungy image!

Polka Service
If you can have a folk mass or blues vespers or a church rock band, why not a polka service? (I guess this is a real thing, but it's ripe for satire).

Robotic About Us
I'm partial to science fiction imagery generally, and I'm considering writing a robot romance, so this speaks to me.

Runt
As one who was always the youngest and smallest, I tend to favor the runt. The word itself has the monosyllabic punch of some of our best swear words, and fits nicely in Seattle's loser-pride movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment