Saturday, July 27, 2013

July 27, 2013

I turn 50 next week, and I really can't complain. I'm doing all the things I hoped for when I was 16 -- writing novels, playing in a rock band, singing in a choir, all in the midst of an entertaining, engaging, amazing family. Granted, I thought I'd do the writing and rocking in my 20s, but I'll take it. As an early birthday celebration, we're going out to dinner on Capitol Hill and then to the Vermillion Un-Block Party to hear Red Ribbon. Should be interesting just getting there, but I'm up for the adventure!

OK, here are the band names:

I Draw Slow
. . . but I draw exceeding fine.

Jeans Wilder
I've loved Gene Wilder ever since I first saw Blazing Saddles (my first R-rated movie) at the age of 10. And I wear jeans practically every day. This one's for me.

Soft White Sixties
I suspect this will be my hair in another 10 years.

This Charming Band
Self-promotion, but awfully sweet. Who can resist a band this charming?

Xanthochroid
Gotta love something so scientific sounding. Yellow something? Oh -- having light hair. A very metal way to be blond.

No comments:

Post a Comment