Saturday, November 24, 2012

November 24, 2012

Post-Thanksgiving, I continue to give thanks for live music in general, the local scene in particular, and especially for my own fellow performers. And for the steadfast love and support of my family, especially the generation of my parents, aunts and uncles. As this protective layer is being eroded by death, I feel grateful and prepared for whatever the universe plans to dish out. We lost my Uncle Jim this week, a smart, talented, and warmhearted man. We never persuaded him over to the rock & roll side of things, but he appreciated as much as I do humor, wordplay, and making music with your friends. So here's to him.


Dreamwreck
When your dreams leave you high and dry, start a band and go off to dream again.


Midnight Salvage Co.
I didn't think of this when I made my selections, but this one goes nicely with the previous entry. I had thought this referred to some kind of illicit activity, but perhaps they're saving what they can out of wrecked dreams. (Full disclosure: I believe at least some members share my alma mater, the University of Puget Sound).

More of Anything
At once vague and abundant.

Said the Whale
So is Said the whale's name, or is this the attribution for a lost bit of dialogue? Perhaps from a story in the Squid Action Adventure genre!

Walk Off the Earth
 On Thanksgiving, our twenty-one-year-old future rocket scientist was explaining gravitational and orbital science to his nine-year-old cousin. Part of the discussion included what would be required to jump or walk off the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment