Saturday, November 10, 2012

November 10, 2012

I'm feeling pretty happy about the election -- both the outcome and that it's over. Now we can devote ourselves to more important things, like getting tickets to hear the Sonics and Mudhoney in February! Here's who wins my vote this week:

Corpse of a Rotting Hottie
OK, yuck, but it really trips off the tongue. What really makes it is the surprise pairing of two words that shouldn't go together but almost rhyme.

Stuperhero
If it gets a laugh on first sight, it's probably going into the blog. I grew up surrounded by comic books, and the idea of a dumb superhero has great appeal.

Two Cow Garage
We already have backyard chickens and goats in Seattle. This is the next logical step.

Vice Device
Wire Choir
Both of these get in for having two words that rhyme, and for rhyming the same way. I really hoped to find five with a similar pattern so I could have a theme, but that rarely works.

No comments:

Post a Comment