Saturday, October 20, 2012

October 20, 2012

Shameless plug: Your Mother Should Know is playing Friday, October 26 at Sound Effects Coffee House, with The Hunting Club, Black Plastic Clouds, and I think two other outfits -- a packed, interesting show! This'll likely be our last gig of 2012 because we're feeling old and tired, and have a backlog of songs we want to record!

On to this week's notable band names:

All Human
I find this reassuring. No animals, robots or space aliens were harmed in the making of this music.

Birdhouse
I grew up in the Bluebird Capitol of the World, where special bluebird houses dot the countryside. So I notice birdhouses wherever I go. I have one outside my window. And birds sing, so there you go.

Feet
Body parts are reliably good band names. And I love me a good monosyllable.

Sinizen
I'm enjoying this mash-up of citizen, denizen, and sinner. All have sinned, so there's nothing for it but to make some music.

Troubadour Dali
Whoa, surreal, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment