Saturday, April 7, 2012

April 7, 2012

I was reading through the club listings yesterday, making my picks -- Moostache, OK; Matt Badger and His Flock of Knives, OK -- when I hit "Curtains for You, Youth Rescue Mission, The Tailenders, Your Mother Should Know" and got all distracted. Your Mother Should Know? That's my band! Wheee! Then I pulled myself together and made the rest of my picks before loading drums for the show, which went great. It was a joy to open for such a fine assortment of bands. Now, back to business:

Boom Chick
This is me! And also onomatopoeia for what I do. (And they have the same instrumentation and division of labor as Your Mother Should Know!)


Madness Becomes Method
This must be that kind of method where you keep doing the same thing but expect different results.

Matt Badger and His Flock of Knives
I never imagined knives flocking before. I wouldn't stand too close to the stage if I were you.

Moostache
Change one letter and you get a milk commercial. One of the great uses of a pun in advertising.

Repave the Skies
Hey, this implies that we already have our flying cars! It's the future! And the sky has potholes! The more things change . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment