Saturday, July 30, 2011

July 30, 2011

It's my birthday! A great gift would be if somebody named their band Lip Bomb. Anyway . . .

Full Life Crisis
Now there's an idea: rather than messing around with quarter-life crises and mid-life crises (I'm just waiting for someone to posit the eighth-life crisis for 10-year-olds -- oh, wait, that's middle school) just recognize that the whole thing is one long crisis from beginning to end. Transition is normal. Life can and often does get better, but there's always something. Deal with it. Rock on.


The Gentlemen Gluttons
I'm picturing a whole band of Mr. Creosote in his evening clothes. Bad idea, but a great name.

Post Modern Heroes
The term "post modern" has always struck me as absurd, so I like when people make fun of it.


Sometimes Astronauts
I've had a thing about astronauts most of my life, so this name caught my eye. I can take the "sometimes" a couple of ways. Sometimes astronauts . . . what? Or, sometime astronauts who are doing something else now.

Super Geek League
This one tells it like it is. There are no huger nerds than musicians (except maybe astronauts), which gives them their own kind of cool.

1 comment:

  1. This is Matti from the Gentlemen Gluttons. Thanks!! Here's Richard Baxter's 1660 'Treatise of Selfdenyall' which lists Gentleman Gluttons among others who are slaves to their own animal desires... Yup, that's us.

    http://books.google.com/books?id=L-cUAAAAQAAJ&pg=PA107&dq=%22gentlemen+gluttons%22&hl=en&ei=a084TtXiCevTiALx-ujQDg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CC4Q6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=%22gentlemen%20gluttons%22&f=false

    ReplyDelete