Saturday, June 4, 2016

June 4, 2016

If all goes well, I plan to migrate this blog to my own site, kareneisenbreywriter.com, so today I'm publishing the same post in both places to see whether there's any reason not to move it. This shouldn't involve a learning curve for anyone but me. It'll still be all band names all the time.

Arbor Labor Union
It's an awkward mouthful, and I respect that, as well the right of the workers who keep our trees healthy to organize.

The Briefs
Topless
Undergarments and the lack thereof! Because of my weekly close reading of the club listings, I'm always imagining dream gigs based solely on names that belong together. These two did the work for me by appearing at the top and bottom (really!) of a show last night with Square Pig faves Dead Bars (who will soon release an album titled Dream Gig). You can't make this stuff up.

Horseshoes and Hand Grenades
Two fields of endeavor where close counts.


Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet
I'm a sucker for a name that's maybe just a little too long. I also appreciate the hybrid noir/sci fi vibe.



Shameless self promotion! My debut novel, The Gospel According to St. Rage, will be released in paperback and ebook by Pankhearst on July 14, 2016. Preorder the ebook now: http://getbook.at/gospel

Meet Barbara Bernsen, Former Invisible Girl. 

Barbara isn’t your typical high school junior. She’s been invisible since the third grade. But when a magic hat brings her back into the light, Barbara is ready to take on the world. First priority? Start an all-girl garage band. Miraculous super powers were never in her plan, but sometimes you get what you need. Bullies and school shooters don’t stand a chance. 

Yes, we all love Wonder Woman, Black Widow, and Jessica Jones, but Barbara is the hero her high school deserves. 

Truth. Justice. Rock & Roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment