Saturday, April 16, 2016

April 16, 2016

On this day in 1980, I went to my first rock concert: the Who at Seattle Center Coliseum (now known as Key Arena). I still have the shirt.

Now I'm more into small, local shows by bands with names every bit as odd and creative as the Who, if not more so. Here's this week's batch:

Collapsible Rodeo
Broncs and bulls sold separately.

Leeches of Lore
This sounds like a healing item carried by a cleric in a tabletop role-playing game. I like the alliteration, and the grossness of leeches paired with the solemnity of lore.

Moose Light Kingdom
I doubt I have ever passed up a band name with "moose" in it. In this case, I imagine the Man in the Moon has been replaced by Bullwinkle.

Nonchalant Avalanche
Slides down the mountain without a care in the world, elegant in n and ch sounds.

Zen Mother
Leads the most enlightened scouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment