Saturday, March 26, 2016

March 26, 2016

It's too nice a day to sit inside blogging, so I'll make this quick. Here's what's in my basket this Easter weekend:

Crushingcrayons
Crayons evoke childhood innocence, but what's happening to them here seems more adult -- intentional creative violence. A broken crayon is frustrating. But crush them up and remelt them, and you have something new, colorful, unpredictable.

The Deadrones
Simply sharing the middle D makes this stand out as something special. It also sounds like what it is: D is a thuddy consonant that just stops -- a dead sound -- but the long O lets the second syllable draw out, dronelike.

Front Country
You don't need a special permit, you'll probably meet other people, and the facilities have plumbing.

Mitochondrion 
Down at the cellular level, this is where matter gets converted to energy -- the life force -- so I love the irony that this is a death metal band. I'm also a fan of nerdy science allusions.

My Brothers and I
There's nothing quite like a family band, said someone who makes music with her brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment