Saturday, August 30, 2014

August 30, 2014

Once again, a shameless plug: Your Mother Should Know, Canals of Venice, and the Spencer Glenn Band have a show at the Rendezvous on Thursday, September 4, 9:00 p.m. (Think of it as a Seahawks afterparty!) We're looking forward to playing in the Rendezvous's Jewelbox Theater, a nice little venue that I haven't visited in a while. https://www.facebook.com/events/714330995303737/

Meanwhile, I have perused the non-Bumbershoot listings and gleaned the following rich harvest:

Butt Dial
I appreciate this reference to a contemporary phenomenon that is accidental, potentially embarrassing . . .  and completely unimaginable in the days when phones had actual dials. Which gets me to thinking: how long will we continue to call it dialing?

Ca$h Bandicoot
A long time ago, a certain young relative was constantly -- and vocally -- excited about a certain video game. This sly reference reminds us what it was really all about.

Kitten Vacation
I can't imagine that kittens need vacations, so this must be about a special resort where you drown your stress in cuteness. Or perhaps it's the other way: a complete fast from internet videos.

The Subpoenaed Lemur Vocoder Orchestra
The Subpoenaed Lemur is found in the same field guide as the Greater Plausible.

Swiss Patent Clerk
I will always have a place in my heart for band names based on ostensibly boring careers. I think I will start a band called Commercial Title Officer.

No comments:

Post a Comment