Saturday, June 21, 2014

June 21, 2014

School's out and summer's here, looking like summer already, for a change. Just for that, I think I will actually go to the Solstice Festival in Fremont. Break out the sunglasses and SPF 50! But if you feel like hiding from the 10 p.m. sun in a dingy bar somewhere, here are some names to look for:

AlcoJuana
The next logical step in trendy, herb-infused booze. We call it Weedka.

The Aqua-Nets
Before I even check, I really hope this is an '80s-themed girl group because that would be perfect. One word that sums up an era. (OK, '80s cover band is pretty good, too).

Captain Algebra
A hero for those unfortunate students striving in summer school to make up a math credit.

It's OK!
I can't speak for anyone else, but I feel better. The punctuation really helps.

Puget Power
I love it when an existing name for something mundane takes on new significance when applied unchanged to a musical endeavor. Loud music draws a lot of power and has a lot of power, so this is a great fit. Extra points for local flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment