Saturday, June 14, 2014

June 14, 2014

Last week I predicted that the nice weather would last until the kids were out of school. Although grades K-11 still have a few more days, our senior graduated Thursday, and the rain showed up soon after the ceremony. That's Junuary for you; I just hope we don't have to turn the heat back on!

On with the band names:

Gnarlene and the Frisky Pigs
I'm always on the lookout for creative use of the classic X and the Y structure. This combines an over-the-top front person's name with an active and comical backing band name. These people are having all the fun.

Grand Theft Zombie
Great pop-culture mashup. The video game reference also perfectly suits the style of music.

Tropical Popsicle
I never noticed that these two words rhyme, and now it seems so obvious. Plus, I see frozen treats in bright summery colors.

A Very Tall Pony
At what point do we cross over from tall pony to short horse? I'll bet there's a rule.

The World Is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die
It's been awhile since I got to celebrate a really long name, so I was happy to find one so absurdly extravagant as this heroic and positive assertion. I love the two independent clauses, joined by an ampersand, as if after all that they needed to save two characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment