Saturday, April 12, 2014

April 12, 2014

I wish I could have been there on that historic evening (last week) when Neerdowells met Dead Bars. I wish even more that I could see these two bands on the same bill. I wish most of all to be part of that show myself (not outside the realm of possibility). Here's to generation-spanning shows at The VERA Project!

Bombus
Because who doesn't love bumblebees, at least as something to say if not encounter? (I don't mind meeting them. They're generally pretty chill, just bumbling about their business). I love that the genus name is nearly the same as the common name, but sounds much more hardcore.

Infected Mushroom
Does it get more fungal than this?


Oi Polloi
Greek for "Hey! People!" I like that I can appreciate a pun in a language I studied for one semester over 30 years ago.


Spear & Magic Helmet
Classic X and Y naming structure, and a Wagner reference (how Seattle!) by way of Looney Toons? It's like they know me.

Stuporhero
How have I not already done this one? Wonderful play on words that sound similar but mean very different things (super, stupor) and also similar things (stupor, stupid) to transform a stereotypically competent character type into a lame bumbler who, I hope, keeps getting up and eventually wins the day, with a little help from the rest of the band.

No comments:

Post a Comment