Saturday, March 29, 2014

March 29, 2014

SHAMELESS PLUG: Your Mother Should Know (the band for which I am drummer, backup vocalist, and calm center of sanity and order) is playing next Friday, April 4, at a benefit show for NOVA High School, the coolest public school ever. We'll present 5 songs from our planned full-length album, to be recorded later this spring. More details here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1459740187577437/

Nova HS mascot, the Dead Rat
On with the band names:

Bear Hands
What I want to know is, does the Constitution give us the right to arm these bare-handed bears?

Earth Eater
Spacewaster
I put these together because they're on the same bill and seem related. My first (admittedly nerdy) thought was of Galactus, the Fantastic Four villain who roams the universe devouring planets -- laying waste to space. It was hard to believe I hadn't written about Spacewaster before, because I like the assonance and the lack of space between the words, as well as the loser-grunge mentality. I'm happy to include it with another band that gives a whole different slant on "waste."

Pink Octopus
What's not to like about an intelligent eight-armed mollusc that's both a shy loner and fierce ambush predator? When they're red, they're angry. Pink seems more friendly, but I could be wrong. Approach with care.

Wrinkles
In Seattle, we don't iron, so they should fit right in.

No comments:

Post a Comment