Saturday, November 23, 2013

November 23, 2013

I don't care what the calendar says -- when you have to scrape the windshield and the sun's in your eyes at noon, it's winter. As we head into Thanksgiving week, I'm thankful for a holiday that makes possible a rare weeknight foray to Chop Suey to hear Dead Bars! And also for venues that keep booking shows, and for bands that keep coming up with amusing names, such as:

Fit for an Autopsy
Not what you want to hear at your annual check-up.

Monster Magnet
That is one rough dating scene.

Mrs. Howl
Ginsberg's Island.

Vaude Villains
I have often seen "villain" misspelled "villian," but I never thought of taking it the other way. I imagine lots of mustache twirling and slapstick comeuppance.

Wishbeard
"When you wish upon a beard, makes no difference if you're weird . . ."

No comments:

Post a Comment