Saturday, November 2, 2013

November 2, 2013

Today we celebrate three years of Square Pig in a Round Hole, and bid a sad farewell to longtime fave Curtains for You, featured in the fifth post of this blog. Based on Facebook response, their "last live show ever" was shaping up to be a real love-fest. Who will be the new Curtains for You? Perhaps one of these:

Bad Motivators
I'm a sucker for an obscure Star Wars reference, especially one that implies disreputable influences. Plus, they're on a bill with two of my favorite local bands: Acapulco Lips and Red Ribbon!

Dead Animal Assembly Plant
I'm picturing a slaughterhouse in reverse, turning out reanimated livestock -- perfect for the holiday just past.

Def Leprechaun
I'm assuming tribute band here, which is often where you get the best wordplay. Or badass fiddle outfit. There's something engaging about that turn from sleek jungle cat to cereal-box sprite.

Pentagraham Crackers
Also fitting for Halloween, something dark rendered harmless by a comfort-food image.

Trivium
The only thing more trivial than trivia is a single trivium. I have only recently learned that "trivium" is part of classical academic education. I don't remember seeing the word before, so I was tickled to come across it as a band name.

No comments:

Post a Comment