Saturday, June 8, 2013

June 8, 2013

Whew! I'm sure glad that bright thing in the sky finally went away. Now it feels like June. But it's always a nice day for rock and roll! Here are the band names that made the cut this week:

Amphibian Children
Tadpoles? (Due to water content, probably best not to put them in the same room with last week's pick Electric Children). Many years ago, as part of a free improv session, my brother (and bandmate) made up a song about tadpoles that I've often said Your Mother Should Know ought to take up. So far, we haven't.

The Dee Dees
Nostalgia time, suggesting as it does an age when there were girls named Dee Dee. And an age when there were the Ramones . . . (I didn't know until I checked that this is an all-girl Ramones cover band, but I could have guessed.)

Led Askew
Nice twist on an idiom. So much more bent than simply led astray.

Low Standard
Good to know that grunge's loser attitude is still out there, setting the bar low.

The Thoughts
Well, where does it all begin, after all? As a thought. Then you put it out into the world, so loud you can't hear yourself think.

No comments:

Post a Comment