Saturday, June 15, 2013

June 15, 2013

If one were so inclined and didn't have to get up in the morning, one could go out and hear bands at a different club every night of the week. Fun to imagine, exhausting to even think about. Here are a few band names, scattered throughout the week, that caught my eye:

Before the Eyewall
I love it when evocative scientific terms find their way into band names. If I remember my Magic Schoolbus correctly, the eyewall is an area of intense winds that surrounds the calm eye of a hurricane. I imagine being in the eye, about to plunge back into the eyewall, might be like contemplating entrance to the wildest of mosh pits.

Drunken Prayer
Dear God, don't let me trip in front of that person I've had my eye on all night. Lord, lead me not into the wrong bathroom. O Porcelain One, may this offering be acceptable in thy sight.

DJ Port-a-Party
That's what a DJ is, right? But I love that it sounds like something else.

Mighty Tiny Band
Being of the small persuasion myself, as well as a member of a little band, I like that we tiny ones can also be mighty.

Purr Gato 
I took a lot of Spanish classes a long time ago, and I have a cat with a very loud purr. Seems like reason enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment